Purple Tuesday’s digital solutions include accessible building advice and audits, through to accessibility testing for Web, software and mobile technologies; helping companies to comply with UK and worldwide disability laws and addressing organisational corporate responsibilities.
We offer a range of digital services to support you in developing and producing fully accessible online platforms and mobile technologies. Services include:
- Digital Diagnosis – A high-level user-led investigation of your customer-facing website with an analysis report offering practical and realistic advice on how issues can be fixed.
- Comprehensive Digital Audit – An in-depth assessment against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA and other industry standards. We take a real-life approach with disabled user testing. For organisations that meet WCAG 2.1 AA standards, we award the Purple Tuesday Approved – Accessible Website badge, so that they can proudly demonstrate their accessibility credentials to customers and employees.
- Mobile Accessibility Test – Using a variety of modern mobile devices including Android and iOS, your content is checked against Mobile Web Best Practices guidelines. Similarly, for those organisations we assess and meet Mobile Application best practice guidelines will be awarded with a Purple Tuesday Approved - Accessible Application badge.
We use a range of technical tools that comprise of but are not limited to:
- SortSite – This test checks 117 tests covering A and AA guidelines
- The Web Accessibility Toolbar
- The Color Contrast Analyser
- W3C Validator
- Dom Inspector
- Dragon Naturally Speaking for mobility-impaired users
- Jaws (Job Access with Speech) for blind users
- ZoomText for low vision users
- Cognitively impaired tests
- Hearing-impaired tests.